Who We Are
A family of people worshiping at 6 churches, scattered around the Bridlington area at Sewerby, St. John’s Burlington, Flamborough, Kilham, Skipsea & Barmston,. We are part of The Methodist Church of Great Britain which grew out of the work of John and Charles Wesley in the 18th century that is now a global community of 70 million people. We are within the Yorkshire North and East District. Many of our Churches have been in existence for several decades or even date back over one hundred years. However, our commitment is to the future, to tell the good news of Jesus and to call people to faith in Jesus Christ.
All need to be saved. All may be saved. All may know themselves saved. All may be saved to the uttermost."
In order to follow the online District Service for 26th June 2022 please follow this link - https://youtu.be/eeBxBQrHtQE
A Historic Moment
Since Methodism began Chapels had been built in 22 places. Bridlington (The Old Town) had the first Chapel followed by one at The Quay. The Old Town Chapel was replaced in 1884 and is the present St. Johns Burlington Church, the Quay Chapel was built in Cliff Street, renamed Chapel Street in 1795.In 1932 there was Methodist Union, the Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist Churches, joined to form the Methodist Church. The Promenade Church joined the Bridlington Quay Circuit. The Circuits on the Yorkshire Coast were slow to accept "Union" and it was not until 1958 that the Bridlington Quay and the St John’s Circuits became the Bridlington Methodist circuit.